Saturday 10 May 2008

Ultimate Blogging and Tour 3

Okay, so I'm in the middle of my exams and thought I'd waste a bit of time setting up a blog. There are some really great ultimate blogs out there, and with ultimate being one of my primary focuses in life I thought it might be fun to have a go myself.

Being based in the UK, I suppose I'll mainly be blogging on topics relating to UK ultimate. Although I may explore my ignorance of ultimate scenes further afield, ie North America.

Right now tour 3 is taking place in Mansfield, and believe it or not the weather is fine! Unfortunately I'm unable to partake in this rare event, being stuck at home with a gamee shoulder and a Protein Structure and Function text book.
Once again this year the UK Open tour is quite tight at the top. But once again Clapham, the European champs do seem to have a fairly good edge over the competition. After an exciting clapham-less final at T1 the status-quo was resumed at T2 where a full strength Clapham 1 side pretty much rolled over Chevron in the final. Clapham have also done a pretty good job of securing future talent this season, hoovering up a host of young players from London, former BUF (Oxford Brooks uni) star Justin is a prime example. With a decent development program and consistent results, how long this dominance will continue I don't know, but I have a feeling that a changing of the guard would usher in a new chapter in UK ultimate. From a competitive ultimate fans point of view I'd like to see it all get mixed up, with more strength and depth overall!

My predictions for this weekend: Iceni will dominate Womens tour again, I doubt their blip at T1 will be repeated this year. Fire 2 will probably win B tour and complete their bouncy castle tour season. And Clapham 1 will wrap up a dominant T3 with a win over Fire 1 in the final (although I would great to see Fusion make resurgence).

Not groundbreaking stuff, but its a start. Hopefully I'll have some better insights when I next decide to ramble.

1 comment:

Drew said...

Way to start blogging, Harry!

Any idea when you'll be healthy again?